In response to UCR’s campus closure, the Risk Management and EH&S office is closed. Critical functions related to emergency response coordination, hazardous waste collection and delivery of research materials under the purview of EH&S including radiation packages and controlled substances are operational, however may experience delay. 

You can still report an incident, injury, or safety concern using the online reporting tool.  If you have safety emergency such as a hazardous material spill, injury or illness, contact UCPD at (951) 827-5222 or 911 on a cellular device.

For general inquiries, please email us at and our remote staff will respond to your concerns by the next business day.


Visiting Schools & Organizations

The University of California requires that each School District or Organization participating in University undergrad recruitment activities, campus tours and events or holding their own tours and activities on the UC Riverside campus provide the university with proper evidence of insurance and a signed indemnification agreement.

It is only necessary to provide these documents once during an academic year keeping in mind the expiration dates of your policies must be current throughout the year.

Typically, you can forward our request to your district’s Risk or Business Services department and they will send us the appropriate documents.

To ensure a positive learning experience for all visitors and a reasonably quiet work environment for faculty and staff, we require at least four adult chaperones (one per each assigned group of up to 15 students). Students should be accompanied by a chaperone at all times.