University of California, Riverside

Risk Management

Events and Activities - Food


Events may be required to provide proof of liability insurance, indemnification agreements and/or waivers of liability before the special event can be approved.


  • Student, Faculty and Staff
    • All UCR students, faculty, staff, and affiliates must obtain a temporary Food Permit whenever food or beverage is distributed or sold to the public on campus. EH&S regulates the food or beverage given out or sold at community events on campus to protect health, prevent disease, and promote healthy practices among the public. To apply for a Food Permit, go to:
    • Food Safety Issues Contact List
  • Catering
  • Outside Vendors
    • All outside vendors, such as food trucks and caterers, are required to have a valid health permit through their local health department and must be approved by Tiffany Kwok and Nasr Gergis in EH&S.

For more information, please visit the EH&S website:

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

Department Information

Risk Management Office
Environmental Health & Safety, Office 1156

Tel: (951) 827-8221
Fax: (951) 827-3202